Early Years Foundation Stage
Subject Leader: Mrs Farr
The Early Years provision at Matchborough First School Academy aims to provide a learning environment that nurtures and supports the holistic development of every child. We provide first hand learning experiences where the children learn more and remember more. Our intent is to create a vibrant and stimulating atmosphere where children are happy, confident, resilient individuals who will foster a love for learning, providing firm foundations in order for children to become successful learners. We want children to flourish regardless of backgrounds, circumstances or needs and ensure learners acquire the necessary skills, knowledge, and attitudes to succeed by delivering a curriculum that meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework.
At Matchborough First School Academy we promise to:
• develop secure relationships between children and adults.
• provide a high quality curriculum in line with the statutory framework for the early years.
• provide children opportunities to develop their sense of wellbeing and ability to regulate their feelings so that they feel confident in our community and are equipped with all the tools they need to transition to Year 1 effectively
• encourage active learning through first-hand experiences both in indoor and outdoor play, and through both verbal and non-verbal communication.
• encourage children to become self-motivated and independent learners with a positive attitude to learning and self-discipline.
• value the cultural diversity within our school and community.
• foster positive home school links and share a common sense of purpose with parents.