WALT make plans and set new goals
We like to start each PSHE lesson with ‘Calm me’ time. This is to allow you to clear your mind ready to learn.
Click this link to help wind down your body and brain with some yoga:
Watch this clip from the final of The X Factor in 2010:
1. How did One Direction react to being disappointed?
2. Did they all have the same reaction?
3. What did they all say to show that they were not going to give up on their dream?
TIME TO THINK
Remember, we all face disappointment sometimes.
Staying positive, having determination, resilience and self belief can really help us to manage being disappointed. Negative feelings are a natural part of being disappointed, but can be unhelpful to us if we hold on to them for too long.
- Why is this?
- Where do you think self-belief comes from?
- Can you think of a strategy you could use to let negative feelings go ‘safely’? E.g calm me time
Devise a new three-step approach to recreating your dream using the three dream clouds (picture below)
1. How might you stay positive and resilient?
2. Who might help them to reach their goal?
3. What steps could you take?
4. How will you know when you have achieved your goal?
Can you write a new verse for the Song ‘For me’ which describes what you might do to make a new plan or set a new goal and how you might cope with the situation.
Listen to the song below:
WALT identify equivalent fractions
SPAG WALT use compound and complex sentences