Lead by Mrs A Parker
Taught in school by Madame Jack
At Matchborough First School Academy we believe that the learning of a foreign language provides a valuable educational, social and cultural experience for our children. Learning another language gives children the valuable opportunity to develop positive attitudes and repect for languages and cultures other than their own. Our children will be able to acquire and develop language skills, using what they have learned in a range of contexts with increasing competence and confidence, through our high quality teaching and learning.
Our aim at MFSA:
- A high-quality languages education should foster pupils’ curiosity and deepen their understanding of the world.
- The teaching should enable pupils to express their ideas and thoughts in another language and to understand and respond to its speakers, both in speech and in writing.
- It should also provide opportunities for them to communicate for practical purposes, learn new ways of thinking and read great literature in the original language.
- Language teaching should provide the foundation for learning further language, equipping pupils to study and work in other countries.
The national curriculum for languages aims to ensure that all pupils at the end of Key Stage 2 can:
- understand and respond to spoken and written language from a variety of authentic sources
- speak with increasing confidence, fluency and spontaneity, finding ways of communicating what they want to say, including through discussion and asking questions, and continually improving the accuracy of their pronunciation and intonation
- can write at varying length, for different purposes and audiences, using the variety of grammatical structures that they have learnt
- discover and develop an appreciation of a range of writing in the language studied